Personal Information Protection Guidelines and Site Policy
XWORK Inc. takes the utmost care to protect personal information pertaining to users’ privacy. We may require users to provide personal information at their own discretion for the websites managed and e-mails disseminated by us, but such information shall be kept to the minimum necessary, and we shall respect users’ own judgment in regard to the provision of other information.
1. Personal information collection and purposes of use
When XWORK Inc. collects personal information from clients and other parties, it shall clearly state the purposes of use, and employ appropriate and fair means of collection.
Purposes of use: Personal information may be collected for the performance of the following business operations and objectives.
- To manage/collect information, communicate and correspond in written and other forms for the processing of cases and other business operations
- To transmit individual e-mail messages for the purpose of providing information to those who request it
- To respond to consultations and inquiries
- To disclose user attributes excluding personal information, and to disclose website characteristics to external parties
- To analyze information for the purpose of business development, evaluation, and improvement
2. Secure management and storage of personal information
XWORK Inc. shall accurately process personal information provided, implement appropriate protection and security measures to ensure the security of the personal information it holds, and endeavor to prevent loss, damage, modification, and unauthorized disclosure of such personal information.
3. Provision of personal information
XWORK Inc. shall not, in principle, provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the user that is the subject of the information, except where such provision is:
- In accordance with law
- Necessary in order to secure human life, personal safety, or property
- Necessary in order to cooperate with national or local authorities, or an individual or entity appointed by such authorities to carry out statutorily-provided operations
- Made by submission of documents to public authorities in the course of business operations
4. Disclosure, suspension of use, and deletion of personal information
In the event that a subject of personal information requests the disclosure, suspension of use, deletion, or the like of their own personal information, XWORK Inc. shall comply promptly after confirming the requester’s identity using an appropriate method, except where refusal is authorized by law or in the course of business.
5. Amendment of the Personal Information Protection Guidelines
6. Voluntary character of personal information provision
The user shall have the discretion to determine whether or not to provide personal information to XWORK Inc. However, if necessary items are not provided, it may not be possible to deliver services in an appropriate manner.
7. Authorized personal information protection organization
XWORK Inc. is not a member or any authorized personal information protection organization.
8. Legal compliance and improvements in handling
In the handling of customers’ personal information, XWORK Inc. shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws of Japan, conduct ongoing reviews, and endeavor to improve and enhance such handling.